Education Corner

Are you getting close to retiring?
Do you have money in the 457 Deferred Compensation Plan?

If you answered yes to both of these questions, then this is something you should read.

If you plan to take money out of your 457 account once you have ended employment, follow these steps.

  1. Log into your WRS457 account and make sure all your contact information is up to date, i.e. address, phone numbers and email address. Click on your name at the top right of your home page, to access your personal contact information.
  2. Go to “Manage Bank Accounts“ on the left side of the screen and enter your bank account information.

By taking these two steps, requesting money from your WRS 457 Deferred Compensation Account will be both easier and quicker, once you have ended employment with your agency.

Click here to download a copy of the Spring 2021 Newsletter