Cancelling a Bill

If you find that the contribution file you uploaded is incorrect and you need to correct it and re-upload, there is an option to cancel the bill.  You can cancel the bill as long as the contribution payment has not been received and applied by the Wyoming Retirement System and the bill has a “Cancel Bill” option to the right of it.  

Remember you will have to cancel all bills related to that contribution file, for example, if you have Tier 1 and Tier 2 invoices, or if the employer is a City, Town, or County and have Tier 1, Tier 2 and Law Enforcement invoices, they would all need to be cancelled, as they are all included on the one contribution file.

When you select the button to cancel the bill, you will receive a message stating: Are you sure, you want to cancel this bill? If you do so, all contributions related to this bill will be deleted. If there are, any terminations or service breaks on the file they will not be cancelled, only the contributions.  Therefore you will need to contact WRS Employer Relations section (307-777-2077) to remove the termination dates and/or the service break information prior to re-uploading the file.

Cancelling the bill will save you from uploading an adjustment file to correct the original file upload.

Once the "cancel bill" process is complete, the bill will show that it has been cancelled; however, the related file will still show in the upload section at the bottom of the screen.


When a prior month was reported incorrectly or otherwise needs to be corrected, an adjustment contribution would be uploaded with the difference (negative or positive). The originally applied amount will not be replaced by the adjustment but is corrected by uploading the difference.

All adjustments must be submitted on a separate contribution file, adjustments cannot be included on the regular monthly contribution file uploads. If you attempt to upload an adjustment on a normal monthly contribution file, you will receive an error message which reads: Adjustments may not be on the same file as regular records.

The system will not allow an adjustment file to be uploaded if the original bill has not been paid (use the "Cancel Bill" feature instead). If you attempt to do so you will receive and error message that reads: There is an unpaid contribution for this pay period.

If you are attempting to adjust an adjustment, you should instead cancel the bill containing that adjustment. Otherwise, you must wait for the bill to be paid.

Interest will be due on contribution adjustments file uploads. The interest charge is interest to bring contributions current and make the employees account whole. If the contribution interest invoice is not paid by the date due, late payment interest will be billed. For information on late payment interest, visit the Contribution Deadlines & Interest page.

For information on submitting adjustments view the Employer Portal User Guide.